Todays post is about the Imperial Fists. This is my first legion, most certainly not the last but I do have huge plans for this legion before I move onto my next legion project.
Since I started writing for the Bunnies, I've shown you all a few of my squads and how I use them in-game - namely, my legion breachers and my assault marines. To give you an idea of what I have completed and will show you all in due course, along side any new units I add to my legion, here's a list of what I have completed (though not exhaustive!):
- 1x Alexis Polux
- 1x Sigismund
- 2x 15 man tactical squads
- 2x 20 man siege breacher squads
- 1x 20 man assault squad
- 1x 10 man templar brethren squad
- 1x 10 man cataphractii terminator squad (shooting config)
- 1x 10 man cataphractii terminator squad (thunder hammer/storm shield)
- 1x 10 man heavy support squad (missile launchers)
- 3x Legion Quad Launchers
- 2x MkIIB Land Raiders
- 1x Spartan
- 2x Rhino APCs
- 3x Vindicator Siege Tanks
- 1x Fire Raptor
- 1x Legion Falchion
I originally started with the Siege of Terra in mind with my list; initially I focused on my Legion Breachers with some Cataphractii Terminators and the MkIIB Land Raiders that I had already bought for 40k and then it just evolved from there. I have talked about the flexibility of the legion itself - the combination of legion special units and rules allow for so many different styles of army - that I want to be able to play them all!
There are also some units that I really want to do for my legion:
- Legion Xiphon-pattern Interceptor - I love the model and I feel my Fire Raptor could do with an escort
- Rogal Dorn... - Naturally. My legion would not be complete without him. I have seen some nice conversions but I am hoping that Forge World will release him in 2017!
- ...and Aetos Dios - I've always wanted a Thunderhawk Gunship, it would be rude not to get one!
- More tactical marines! - Surprisingly lacking in this department though a Calth/Prospero box would sort me out there
- Tactical support marines - Got none so far, would be nice to have some especially as I have magnetised my Breachers special weapon options
- Tartaros terminators - I love the kits but just haven't got around to these guys yet, I really want to do a templar-style colour scheme for them too as I think that would look ace
Plenty to do - my hobby sure does keep me busy! What do you guys think?
Until next time!